Sunday, April 18, 2010

14 Mile Run

Hi Everyone!

The 14 mile run was great! I was very apprehensive starting it Saturday morning, since I had been having so much trouble with my knees and had missed two weeks of training, but everything went really well and my knees are feeling pretty good today! At the suggestion of our running trainer, I completed the 14 miles in run walk intervals (15 min. run, 5 min. walk for the first 7 miles, 7 min. run, 3 min. walk for the last 7 miles). Even though I wasn't able to run the whole time, I'm glad I at least got the cardio of completing 14 miles and am hoping I will be able to run the full 10 miles this weekend.

The run took FOREVER since I had to walk some of it. It took me over 3 hours! I took a hot bath and iced my knees really well yesterday and today, and I'm hoping for a good training week this week!

I'm trying to think of another fundraising event. (We've done car wash and my sis had a garage sale). Any ideas are welcome!!!! Please leave your suggestions under comments if you have any.

Have a great week everyone!

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you get Jackie to help you and you two sell water bottles at some event this next week-end. You could probably sell the water at some location off the premises of the event so you could avoid having to pay for a vendor fee for the event.
    You have done fantastic on your training and fund raising. Sooooooooo very proud of you.
    Love Ya,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this post - that's a great idea! I'm going to try to do that one weekend, and also I might just stand on the corner somewhere with a bucket! I hear you can get some money doing that. My kids also want to have a lemonade stand and we usually make about $80 at those! haha

    ReplyDelete