Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Post!

Hey all!

I'm not very computer savvy and know nothing about blogs, but I thought this would be the best way to update everyone with my progress as I train for this marathon and raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). I'm sure the part about my training will be especially entertaining - as many of you know, I'm not exactly an athlete! :) But alas, I love to work out and wanted to give back since I have been given so much!

Today was our 7-mile run with the group, but since I donated blood yesterday and still feel a little groggy, I'm just going to run 3 miles today and run 7 tomorrow. It will be my first long run by myself, so we'll see how that goes. Everything so far is going really well - the runs haven't been too difficult, although my right knee is starting to feel a little funny. Last week, it rained during our ENTIRE 6-mile run!!! There was a picture of me running posted on our yahoo group site, and I'll try to post it here. Running 6 miles and being drenched with rain does not make for a good photo op!!!

So far I have raised $405 dollars! Thank you to everyone who has donated. I sent out the letters last Saturday, so hopefully many of you have received those. I will send an email out sometime this week.

Does anyone have any good fundraising ideas? I'm planning a car wash in Longview over Easter Break, which will serve as both a way to raise money for this great organization and also a chance to reunite with my girl friends from high school!

Yours,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment